From: Paul Heinzlreiter (ph_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-19 08:57:37

Hi all,

I'm not sure whether this bug has already been reported/fixed (maybe in
the v1.1.1 pre-release):

I've compiled and installed Open MPI Version 1.1 (stable), which worked

for configuring OpenMPI I used the commandline

./configure --prefix=/home/ph/local/openmpi --disable-mpi-f77

since i don't need fortran support.

Compiling and executing a simple MPI test program (in C) with Open MPI
also worked well.

After that I tried to compile VTK ( with MPI support
using OpenMPI.

The compilation process issued the following error message:

/home/ph/local/openmpi/include/mpi.h:1757:33: ompi/mpi/cxx/mpicxx.h: No
such file or directory

and indeed the location of the file mpicxx.h is

and in mpi.h

it is stated

#if defined(__cplusplus) || defined(c_plusplus)
#include "ompi/mpi/cxx/mpicxx.h"

so this would refer to the file

as I see it.

so there is one subdirectory missing (openmpi) in the reference within

Paul Heinzlreiter