From: s anwar (sanwar_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-11 18:26:38

Jeff:

I've tried my application with MPICH2 and OpenMPI only. The readline stuff
works in OpenMPI as long as I don't start my application with mpirun. It
does not work in MPICH2 irrespective of whether I start my application with
mpirun or not.

My application starts on a workstation and spawns slave processes on cluster
nodes. The application provides an interactive command shell and provides
some GUI functionality using X.

Do you know how bad is the MPI_Comm_spawn issue if I don't start my
application via an mpirun?

Thanks.
Saadat.