From: Ralph H Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-11 14:06:46

On 7/11/06 11:59 AM, "Edgar Gabriel" <gabriel_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Abhishek Agarwal wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> Is there a way of providing a specific port number in MPI_Info when using a
>> MPI_Open_port command so that clients know which port number to connect.
>
> the MPI port-name in Open MPI has nothing to do with a TCP port number.
> The port-name right now is a combination of the process name ( a tuple
> of cell id, job id and process id) and a tag used for the communication.
>
> Maybe somebody from the RTE group could comment on whether there is a
> possibility to specify a specific port number for OOB communication, I
> am not aware of any right now...

I'm afraid not - the port number for OOB communications is determined
dynamically be each process, and then communicated between them.

I'm not sure what your intended purpose is here, of course, but you don't
need to worry about your process being able to "talk" via the OOB - it's all
done automatically during launch.

Ralph