From: Edgar Gabriel (gabriel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-11 13:59:13

Abhishek Agarwal wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there a way of providing a specific port number in MPI_Info when using a
> MPI_Open_port command so that clients know which port number to connect.

the MPI port-name in Open MPI has nothing to do with a TCP port number.
The port-name right now is a combination of the process name ( a tuple
of cell id, job id and process id) and a tag used for the communication.

Maybe somebody from the RTE group could comment on whether there is a
possibility to specify a specific port number for OOB communication, I
am not aware of any right now...

Thanks
Edgar