This web mail archive is frozen.
This page is part of a frozen web archive of this mailing list.
You can still navigate around this archive, but know that no new mails
have been added to it since July of 2016.
Click here to be taken to the new web archives of this list; it includes all the mails that are in this frozen archive plus all new mails that have been sent to the list since it was migrated to the new archives.
On Jul 4, 2006, at 1:58 AM, Manal Helal wrote:
> sorry for posting too much, I tried running and I got this error, I
> assume that this is the stack of the calls before the error
> Signal:11 info.si_errno:0(Success) si_code:2(SEGV_ACCERR)
> Failing at addr:0x8059b73
>  func:/usr/local/bin/openmpi/lib/libopal.so.0 [0xb7e76ed0]
>  func:[0xffffe440]
>  func:/lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6(_IO_vfprintf+0x34b1)
>  func:/lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6(vsprintf+0x8b) [0xb7d4041b]
>  func:/lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6(sprintf+0x2b) [0xb7d2d76b]
>  func:./moaDist(mprintf+0x4a) [0x8056e96]
>  func:./moaDist(processArguments+0x90c) [0x804d60c]
>  func:./moaDist(main+0x197) [0x804aa4b]
>  func:/lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xd2)
>  func:./moaDist [0x804a079]
> *** End of error message ***
> I am not sure if its an IO error; I tried on the web site to search
> mailing archives, but it takes me to google search, and I am not
> sure if
> there is any documentation to understand the error messages,
The error is that the application caused a segmentation fault. From
the stack trace, it appears that the error occurred within the
internals of sprintf, called from the mprintf function in your
application. This doesn't look like an Open MPI error, but something
wrong with the application. One common issue when sprintf is
involved is not having a big enough buffer for the output string.
I'd recommend running your application under a debugger or under a
memory checking debugger like Valgrind. That should help find the
Hope this helps,
Open MPI developer