From: Eric Thibodeau (kyron_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-03 23:17:39

See comments below:

Le lundi 3 juillet 2006 23:01, Manal Helal a écrit :
> Hi
>
> I am having problems running a multi-threaded applications using MPICH
> 2, and considering moving to OpenMPI. I already have mpich2 installed,
> and don't want to uninstall as yet. Can I have both installed and works
> fine on the same machine?
Yes, simply run the configure script with something like:

./configure --prefix=$HOME/openmpi-`uname -m`

You will then be able to compile applications with:

~/openmpi-i686/bin/mpicc app.c -o app

And run them with:

~/openmpi-i686/bin/mpirun -np 3 app

> Also, I searched for a comparison of features of mpich vs lammpi vs
> openmpi and didn't find any so far. Will you please help me find one?

Comparison is only relevant on your hardware with you application. Any other comparison are mostly for academic purposes and grand assignments ;)

--
Eric Thibodeau
Neural Bucket Solutions Inc.