From: Brock Palen (brockp_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-07-03 10:47:49

I have built and ran gromacs test programs with ompi a few times in
the last month. It works great. To keep track of nodes we use torque
http://www.clusterresources.com/pages/products/torque-resource-
manager.php
With torque and OMPI built against it, you have no need to run orted....
Just mpirun mdrun mpirun will get the hostnames and number of cpus
from torque. But thats heavy weight. We use that with a cluster of
300+ nodes. I would for a small system use the
mpirun -machinefile This works, and you dont need to start up orted
when you use it. But you will still have no way of monitoring free
nodes. (unlike torque) that i know of.

Brock Palen
Center for Advanced Computing
brockp_at_[hidden]