From: Jeff Squyres \(jsquyres\) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-29 16:45:39

I should have tried this before I replied. I had a further thought (after I replied, of course) -- I was wondering if one of our components had a reference to ompi_comm_world (and not your application) and that caused the problem. If you installed 1.1 over 1.0.2 and didn't uninstall first, an old component (e.g., pml_teg) could have something like this.

But then I just tried this and I was unable to replicate the problem. Specifically:

- make 1.0
- install 1.0
- compile sample MPI app
- mpirun sample MPI app to ensure it works
- make 1.1 with the same prefix as 1.0
- install 1.1 over 1.0 (i.e., without uninstalling 1.0 first)
- mpirun sample MPI app -- expect it to fail like yours

But mine succeeded with no linking errors.

Can you send a recipe to reproduce this error?