Strange. I had actually done this before I emailed (several times,
in fact), but for the sake of completeness, I did it once more. This
time, it worked! No clue why it worked this time around.
For those of you who in the future come across this problem, here are
the (more or less exact) steps I took to recover from the problem:
PROBLEM: You installed v1.1 of Open MPI and experience keyval parse
errors upon running mpicc, mpif77, mpic++, and so forth.
1. Go to your v1.1 directory, and type './configure' if you have not
already done so
2. Type 'make uninstall'
3. Go to your v1.0.2 directory, and reconfigure using the same
settings as you installed with (if you still have the install
directory, you probably don't need to do this as it has already been
4. In the v1.0.2 directory, type 'make uninstall'
5. For good measure, I went back to the v1.1 directory and typed
'make uninstall' again
6. Find lingering Open MPI directories and files and then delete
them (for instance, empty Open MPI-related folders remained in my /
7. At this point, I restarted my machine. Not sure if it's
necessary or not.
8. Go back to the v1.1 directory. Type 'make clean', then
reconfigure, then recompile and reinstall
9. Things should work now.
Thank you Michael,
On 2006/06/26, at 3:48åå¾, Michael Kluskens wrote:
> You may have to properly uninstall OpenMPI 1.0.2 before installing
> OpenMPI 1.1
> This was an issue in the past.
> I would recommend you go into your OpenMPI 1.1 directory and type
> "make uninstall", then if you have it go into your OpenMPI 1.0.2
> directory and do the same. If you don't have a directory with
> OpenMPI 1.0.2 configured already then either rebuild OpenMPI 1.0.2 or
> go into /usr/local and identify all remaining OpenMPI directories and
> components and remove them. Basically you should find directories
> modified when you installed OpenMPI 1.1 (or when you uninstalled it)
> and you may find components dated from when you installed OpenMPI
> On Jun 26, 2006, at 4:34 PM, Benjamin Landsteiner wrote:
>> Hello all,
>> I recently upgraded to v1.1 of Open MPI and ran into a problem on my
>> head node that I can't seem to solve. Upon running mpicc, mpiCC,
>> ++, and so forth, I get an error like this:
> users mailing list