From: Brian Barrett (brbarret_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-20 12:21:54

On Jun 19, 2006, at 12:15 PM, Eric Thibodeau wrote:

> I checked the thread with the same title as this e-mail and tried
> compiling openmpi-1.1b4r10418 with:
>
> ./configure CFLAGS="-mv8plus" CXXFLAGS="-mv8plus" FFLAGS="-mv8plus"
> FCFLAGS="-mv8plus" --prefix=$HOME/openmpi-SUN-`uname -r` --enable-
> pretty-print-stacktrace
I put the incorrect flags in the error message - can you try again with:

   ./configure CFLAGS=-mcpu=v9 CXXFLAGS=-mcpu=v9 FFLAGS=-mcpu=v9
FCFLAGS=-mcpu=v9 --prefix=$HOME/openmpi-SUN-`uname -r` --enable-
pretty-print-stacktrace

and see if that helps? By the way, I'm not sure if Solaris has the
required support for the pretty-print stack trace feature. It likely
will print what signal caused the error, but will not actually print
the stack trace. It's enabled by default on Solaris, with this
limited functionality (the option exists for platforms that have
broken half-support for GNU libc's stack trace feature, and for users
that don't like us registering a signal handler to do the work).

Brian

--
   Brian Barrett
   Open MPI developer