From: Michael Kluskens (mkluskens_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-19 14:02:09

How does OpenMPI auto-detect available hosts?

I'm running on a cluster of dual-opterons running Debian Linux.

Just using "mpirun -np 4 hostname" somehow OpenMPI located the second
dual-opteron in the stack of machines but no more than that,
regardless of how many processes I asked for.

The master node has an internal ip of 10.0.0.0 and the second node
has an ip of 10.0.0.1 and a name of "node02" and "node2"

I've been unable to find a file that contains only the name of my
second node and not the others.

I'm currently running OpenMPI 1.2a1r10297.

Michael