From: Martin Schafföner (martin.schaffoener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-16 10:39:44

On Friday 16 June 2006 16:03, Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) wrote:
> Can you repeat this and run a non-MPI executable such as "hostname"? I
> want to take MPI out of the equation and just test the launching system.

Sorry, forgot that. So I executed

mpiexec -np 1 -d --mca pls tm --mca pls_tm_debug 1 -x
PATH --prefix /opt/openmpi hostname > openmpi1.log 2>&1

and the log is attached.

> Can you also verify that you are correctly matching your OMPI installations
> on all nodes? I.e., that you've got Open MPI installed in the same
> location on all nodes in your cluster, and your PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> are pointing to the version of Open MPI that you intend to use.

Well, all the nodes share the installation through NFS. The PATH is entered
into $HOME/.bashrc, but I also export the PATH variable as you can see above.
LD_LIBRARY_PATH is not necessary as openmpi was only built with static
libraries and libtorque.so can be found through /etc/ld.so.cache on all
nodes.

> > (could it be
> > that the mailing list has problems with utf8 posts?):
>
> I actually got both your session logs ok...?

In my first two posts, all the linebreaks were missing. But if you say it was
okay for you then I won't worry any longer!

Regards,

--
Martin Schafföner
Cognitive Systems Group, Institute of Electronics, Signal Processing and