From: Jeff Squyres \(jsquyres\) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-16 10:11:57

It's on the to-do list to include some simple MPI examples in Open MPI.

Here's a sample C++ MPI program from the LAM MPI test suite. It creates
a bunch of different derived datatypes with the C++ MPI API:

https://sourcehaven.osl.iu.edu/svn/trillium/trunk/lamtests/dtyp/datatype
_cxx.cc

Although it doesn't use these to send/receive, you can just use these
datatypes as the datatype argument in the various Send and Recv
functions with corresponding buffers that match the datatype.