From: Jeff Squyres \(jsquyres\) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-16 09:00:25

Try two things:

1. Use the pbsdsh command to try to launch a trivial non-MPI application (e.g., hostname):

(inside a PBS job)
pbsdsh -<N> -v hostname

where <N> is the number of vcpu's in your job.

2. If that works, try mpirun'ing a trivial non-MPI application (e.g., hostname):

(inside a PBS job)
mpirun -np <N> -d --mca pls_tm_debug 1 hostname

If #1 fails, then there is something wrong with your Torque installation (pbsdsh uses the same PBS API that Open MPI does), and Open MPI's failure is a symptom of the underlying problem. If #1 succeeds and #2 fails, send back the details and let's go from there.

Thanks!