From: George Bosilca (bosilca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-13 10:26:37

Unlike mpich-gm, Open MPI does not keep the memory pinned by default.
You can force this by ading the "--mca mpi_leave_pinned 1" to your
mpirun command or by adding it into the Open MPI configuration file
as specified on the FAQ (section performance). I think that should be
the main reason what you're seeing a such degradation of performances.

If this does not solve your problem, can you please provide the new
performance as well as the output of the command "ompi_info --param
all all".

   Thanks,
     george.