From: Troy Telford (ttelford_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-06-02 11:30:03

On Fri, 02 Jun 2006 09:15:06 -0600, Troy Telford
<ttelford_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> Can you confirm that your Linux installation thinks that it has 4
>> processors and will schedule 4 processes simultaneously?

D'oh. Still too early in the morning...

OK, Linux thinks it has two CPUs. Period.

For some reason I forgot that 'cpuinfo' simply returns what the CPU
reports... so the CPU knows it's dual-core, and reports this. That
doesn't mean Linux has to recognize that there are really 4 CPUs...

So, problem solved (at least from Open MPI's standpoint...)

--
Troy Telford