From: Brian Barrett (brbarret_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-31 19:58:06

On May 31, 2006, at 12:41 PM, Justin Bronder wrote:

> On 5/31/06, Brian W. Barrett <brbarret_at_[hidden]> wrote: A quick
> workaround is to edit opal/include/opal_config.h and change the
> #defines for OMPI_CXX_GCC_INLINE_ASSEMBLY and
> OMPI_CC_GCC_INLINE_ASSEMBLY
> from 1 to 0. That should allow you to build Open MPI with those XL
> compilers. Hopefully IBM will fix this in a future version ;).
>
> Well I actually edited include/ompi_config.h and set both
> OMPI_C_GCC_INLINE_ASSEMBLY
> and OMPI_CXX_GCC_INLINE_ASSEMBLY to 0. This worked until libtool
> tried to create
> a shared library:

Ah, yes, sorry about that. We reorganized our directory structure a
little bit since we released 1.0.2 and I listed the new path.

<snip>

> Of course, I've been told that directly linking with ld isn't such
> a great idea in the first
> place. Ideas?

I've had some issues building shared libraries with the XL
compilers. Libtool doesn't seem to do a good job of supporting
them. Your best bet is to build Open MPI with static libraries. The
options --enable-static --disable-shared will build static libraries
instead of shared libraries.

Brian

--
   Brian Barrett