From: Justin Bronder (jsbronder_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-31 11:11:02

On 5/30/06, Brian Barrett <brbarret_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On May 28, 2006, at 8:48 AM, Justin Bronder wrote:
>
> > Brian Barrett wrote:

> >> Can you send the config.log file generated by configure? What else
> >> is in the xlc_r_64 shell script, other than the -q64 option?
>
> > I've attached the config.log, and here's what all of the *_64 scripts
> > look like.
>
> Can you try compiling without the -qkeyword=__volatile__? It looks
> like XLC now has some support for GCC-style inline assembly, but it
> doesn't seem to be working in this case. If that doesn't work, try
> setting CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS to include -qnokeyword=asm, which should
> disable GCC inline assembly entirely. I don't have access to a linux
> cluster with the XL compilers, so I can't verify this. But it should
> work.
>
> Brian

No good sadly. The same error continues to appear. I had actually
initially
attempted to compile without -qkeyword=__volatile__, but had hoped to
force xlc to recognize it. This is obviously more of an XL issue,
especially
as I've since found that everything works flawlessly in 32-bit mode. If
anyone
has more suggestions, I'd love the help as I'm lost at this point.

Thanks for the help thus far,

Justin.