From: Justin Bronder (jsbronder_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-28 10:48:18

Brian Barrett wrote:
> On May 27, 2006, at 10:01 AM, Justin Bronder wrote:
>

>> I've attached the required logs. Essentially the problem seems to
>> be that the XL Compilers fail to recognize "__asm__ __volatile__" in
>> opal/include/sys/powerpc/atomic.h when building 64-bit.
>>
>> I've tried using various xlc wrappers such as gxlc and xlc_r to
>> no avail. The current log uses xlc_r_64 which is just a one line
>> shell script forcing the -q64 option.
>>
>> The same works flawlessly with gcc-4.1.0. I'm using the nightly
>> build in order to link with Torque's new shared libraries.
>>
>> Any help would be greatly appreciated. For reference here are
>> a few other things that may provide more information.
>>

> Can you send the config.log file generated by configure? What else
> is in the xlc_r_64 shell script, other than the -q64 option?

I've attached the config.log, and here's what all of the *_64 scripts
look like.

node42 openmpi-1.0.3a1r10002 # cat /opt/ibmcmp/vac/8.0/bin/xlc_r_64
#!/bin/sh
xlc_r -q64 "$@"

Thanks,

--
Justin Bronder
University of Maine, Orono

WARNING: The virus scanner was unable to scan the next
attachment. This attachment could possibly contain viruses
or other malicious programs. The attachment could not be
scanned for the following reasons:

The file was corrupt

You are advised NOT to open this attachment unless you are
completely sure of its contents. If in doubt, please
contact your system administrator.

The identifier for this message is 'k4SEmG3W018957'.

The Management
PureMessage Admin <sysadm_at_[hidden]>