From: imran shaik (sk.imran_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-27 01:42:34

Hi jeff,
  Thanks, i have installed openMPI with the threads enabled option as per the readme file of openmpi. (alpha 7 of openmpi1.1)

  Hi have a problem with mpirun.

  1)When there is no relevant executable present on the remote node where i want to launch the mpi process, mpirun just hangs without any error message. Shall i interpret it as no executable present?once i copy the executable to that node, it proceeds fine. Why no error message is given by mpirun, as in lam, no file found etc..

  2)when i launch many processes , oversubscribe a node heavily, it hangs. Neither error message, nor i cant do kind. For example a simple broadcast where each process executes a bcast call, with 110 processes per node.(My p4,256MPB ram,tcp network) ,it just hangs.

  3)sometimes, for the same program with 45 process, it says 4 were killed automatically.

  I am afraid, at times. Anything wrong with my program or mpirun has some problem.?

  Regards,
  Imran

"Jeff Squyres (jsquyres)" <jsquyres_at_[hidden]> wrote: Based on your questions from the LAM list, I think you are actually asking how to get support for MPI_THREAD_MULTIPLE (which will include pthread support on Linux systems).

  Use the --enable-mpi-threads option to configure to enable support for MPI_THREAD_MULTIPLE (please see the README file for more details). Per the warning from my previous mail (http://www.open-mpi.org/community/lists/users/2006/05/1309.php), this support is only partially implemented and tested.