From: Tom Rosmond (rosmond_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-25 13:02:53

I didn't do a formal uninstall as you demonstate below, but instead went
into the 'prefix' directory and renamed 'bin','lib','etc','include', and
'share'
before running the 1.0.2 build and install. That way I didn't blow up my
1.0.1 installation, and it was easy to switch back in case the 1.0.2
install
didn't work. I was sure this procedure was legitimate, but maybe I missed
something? As far as I know all executable, library, and include paths
are identical between the two, so what else should I change?

T. Rosmond