From: Paul (paul.lundin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-24 17:28:59

So I got around this problem by building a 64bit version of libsysfs from
the src rpm. However now during the "make all install" phase the compilation
is dying on a bunch of incompatibilities. As it states those files are 32bit
and I need the 64bit ppc version. Not sure why they are being built as 32
bit since I have CFLAGS and LDFLAGS set. Is there something I am missing ?
(those files are built by the make)

/usr/bin/ld: warning: powerpc:common architecture of input file
`.libs/mpicxx.o' is incompatible with powerpc:common64 output
/usr/bin/ld: warning: powerpc:common architecture of input file
`.libs/intercepts.o' is incompatible with powerpc:common64 output
/usr/bin/ld: warning: powerpc:common architecture of input file
`.libs/comm.o' is incompatible with powerpc:common64 output
/usr/bin/ld: can not size stub section: Bad value
/usr/bin/ld: .libs/libmpi_cxx.so.0.0.0: Not enough room for program headers,
try linking with -N
/usr/bin/ld: final link failed: Bad value
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [libmpi_cxx.la] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/root/ompi/openmpi-1.1a3/ompi/mpi/cxx'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/ompi/openmpi-1.1a3/ompi/mpi'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/ompi/openmpi-1.1a3/ompi'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1