From: Paul (paul.lundin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-24 15:20:57

Hello,
     I have been trying to get openmpi to install (./configure
--prefix=/opt/ompi --with-openib=/usr/local/ofed) using various methods on
rhel4 u3 ppc64. No matter what method I use when I try to build 64bit (32bit
works) it fails while searching for sysfs. I know that redhat only
distributes sysfsutils (which supplies libsysfs.so.1.0.2) in 32bit format. I
was wondering if there was a workaround for this problem. I have been unable
to find a ppc64 version of libsysfs. The error is contained in the attached
log. Here is a summary:

--- MCA component btl:openib (m4 configuration macro)
checking for MCA component btl:openib compile mode... dso
checking for sysfs_open_class in -lsysfs... no
configure: error: OpenIB support requested but required sysfs not found.
Aborting

Regards.
Paul