From: Jeff Squyres \(jsquyres\) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-24 12:17:59

Yes, this is a bit confusing. :-(

Bash tries to be extra-flexible to allow all different kinds of
scenarios. Check out
http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=running#adding-ompi-to-path -- we
talk about the different shells and what files to edit (most of that
information is a subset of what is available in the bash(1) man page).
Hope that helps clarify things a bit.