From: Terry Reeves (reeves.2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-24 11:24:57

Hello, everyone.

        I have g95 fortran installed. I'm told it works. I'm doing this for
some grad students, I am not myself a programmer or a unix expert but
I know a bit more than the basics.
        This is a Mac OS X dual G5 processor xserve running OS X Server
10.4.6. I have xcode 2.2 installed which gives me gcc 3.3 and 4.01
installed.

I do this

./configure FC=g95
make all
make install

then mpif90 yields this

Unfortunately, this installation of Open MPI was not compiled with
Fortran 90 support.  As such, the mpif90 compiler is non-functional.
btw if I try this
./configure F77=g95 FC=g95 it bombs in the configure stage but as far
as I know f77 support is not needed but perhaps its useful info.
I have included config.log, config.out, make-install.out, make.out,
and ompi_config.h per instructions on the web site.
I have also tried this with gfortran with the same results.
Any help you can give would be appreciated

Terry Reeves 2-1013 - reeves.2_at_[hidden]
Computing Services
Office of Information Technology
The Ohio State University