From: W. Bryan Smith (wbsmith_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-11 17:42:16

hi,

i have compiled a program called ParaView (paraview.org) with MPI support
using OpenMPI 1.0.2, and when i try to run the paraview executable using

mpiexec -n 4 paraview

or

miprun -np 4 paraview

instead of having one paraview window open with parallel support, there are
4 paraview windows opened, none of which are running with parallel support.
attached are the ompi_info and config.log files. below is the text of the
cmake call i used to configure paraview:

cmake -DVTK_USE_MPI:BOOL=ON
-DMPI_INCLUDE_PATH:PATH=/local2/openmpi1.0.2/include/
-DVTK_MPIRUN_EXE:FILEPATH=/local2/openmpi1.0.2/bin/mpirun
-DMPI_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=/local2/openmpi1.0.2/lib/libmpicxx.la
/local2/paraview-2.4.3/

i also edited the ParaView CMakeLists.txt file to contain:
SET(CMAKE_C_COMPILER mpicc)
SET(CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER mpicxx)

both compiler wrappers are on the top of my PATH. also, as far as PATH
goes, yes, i am certain that the mpiexec and paraview binaries are the ones
i think they are (i.e. when I WHICH MPIEXEC it only shows the one i compiled
locally, etc).

anyone have any insight on this? for the record, when i compile paraview
with MPI support using mpich2 (1.0.3), and then do mpiexec calling that
version of paraview, i get the expected behavior (i.e. one paraview window
running with parallel support).

thanks in advance,
bryan smith