From: Mahesh Barve (barvemahesh_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-10 03:08:16

 I am trying to build a cluster with 2 nodes each
being a dual processor xeon machine. I have installed
openMPI on one of the machines in /opt/open-mpi folder
and have kept the folder shared across the network
thru nfs mounted again in the same folder.
 Now I would like to run mpi code involving both
machines. I run the code with command
 mpirun --hostfile hostfile -np 2 a.out
where hostfile has ipaddresses of both the
machines( node) and node)).
 I get the error
orte: command not found
 ERROR : A daemon on node failed to start
as expected
 ERROR : there may be more information available from
the remote shell (see above)
 ERROR : the daemon exited unexpectedly with status

Could you please let me know how to get over this

awaiting your reply,

Do You Yahoo!?