From: Amit Schreiber (gnobal_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-04 07:22:55

Hi Edgar,

I followed your instructions and indeed made some progress. However, I now
encounter the following errors when trying to run my simple test:
[hostname:29060] [0,0,0] ORTE_ERROR_LOG: Pack data mismatch in file
dps_unpack.c at line 121
[hostname:29060] [0,0,0] ORTE_ERROR_LOG: Pack data mismatch in file
dps_unpack.c at line 95

The errors happen immediately as a result of calling MPI_Comm_connect. The
result returned from the call is MPI_ERR_UNKNOWN.

I looked up this problem and in the mailing list it was implied that the
problem exists because of 32/64 bit mismatches or because of conflicting MPI
installations. To avoid these problems I re-installed my Red Hat linux and
the two processes I tested run on the same machine. Still, I get these
errors.

Any other reason this problem may rise? The computer I run these tests on is
a 2-processor Intel Xeon.

Thanks a lot,
Amit