From: Brian Barrett (brbarret_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-02 10:42:11

On Apr 28, 2006, at 1:39 PM, Bernard Knaepen wrote:

> I am trying to install/run open-mpi on a Macbook Pro running MacOSX
> 10.4.6, *with* fortran support.
> I am using Intel Fortran Compiler 9.1 (professional edition).
>
> Compilation/installation went fine, except that the ifort compiler was
> not recognized as the f90 compiler by the romio configure script.
> Therefore, I explicitely set the F90 compiler to ifort in the romio
> configure script.
>
> When I try to run the following simple mpi/io program,

It appears that we don't properly handle string arguments in the
Fortran bindings for the MPI-IO functions. I've committed a fix for
this issue in our development trunk this morning. It should be
included in both the upcoming 1.0.3 and 1.1 releases. Unfortunately,
I can't think of a workaround to the issue. If you are interested, I
can let you know when the patch has been pushed in our v1.0 release
branch and is available in our nightly snapshots of v1.0.3 (which are
generally quite stable).

Brian

--
   Brian Barrett