From: Brian Barrett (brbarret_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-01 14:14:20

On May 1, 2006, at 1:58 PM, Brignone, Sergio wrote:

> I've been using open-mpi in Solaris for a while and now I need to use
> open-mpi in AIX.
>
> I compiled the latest stable open-mpi version and run one of the
> simplest possible tests (see hello0.c in attached zip)
>
> To my surprise, it didn't show anything to the screen when running
> with
> mpirun:
>
> mainaix:/xahome/userx> ./hello0
> Process 0 of 1 is on ecc1ap04
> Process 0 says Hello Word!
> mainaix:/xahome/userx > mpirun -n 4 hello0
> mainaix:/xahome/userx >
>
> I also tried with stderr instead of stdout and I got the same result.
>
> Now, if I open a file and stream the output to the file (I just
> used one
> file per process, I didn't use mpi-io), it works!
>
> Any ideas about the reason of this behavior?

It's possible that we broke pty handling on AIX. Just out of
curiosity, what happens if you try something like:

   mpirun -np 1 uptime | cat

This will cause mpirun to think stdout is connected to a pipe instead
of a pty, so we won't try to use our pty code (and default to
standard pipes for stdio forwarding).

Brian

--
   Brian Barrett