From: Brignone, Sergio (sbrignone_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-01 13:58:32

Hi,

I've been using open-mpi in Solaris for a while and now I need to use
open-mpi in AIX.

I compiled the latest stable open-mpi version and run one of the
simplest possible tests (see hello0.c in attached zip)

To my surprise, it didn't show anything to the screen when running with
mpirun:

mainaix:/xahome/userx> ./hello0
Process 0 of 1 is on ecc1ap04
Process 0 says Hello Word!
mainaix:/xahome/userx > mpirun -n 4 hello0
mainaix:/xahome/userx >

I also tried with stderr instead of stdout and I got the same result.

Now, if I open a file and stream the output to the file (I just used one
file per process, I didn't use mpi-io), it works!

Any ideas about the reason of this behavior?

Thanks

Sergio

 <<stdout.tar.gz>>