From: Edgar Gabriel (gabriel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-01 07:08:10

Hi,

the port number which you see here is the correct format. Please note,
that Open MPI can only connect two applications within the same
"universe", and therefore we do not use hostnames or IP-Addresses in the
port name. For two applications to be in the same universe, you have to
start orted in a persistent mode prior to starting both applications, e.g.

orted --seed --persistent --scope public

and than you can start both applications.
Please note also, that name-publishing across different jobs is
unfortunatly broken, however, if you copy the port-name as a string from
one application to another (e.g. passing it at startup of the second
application), it should work.

Thanks
Edgar