From: Amit Schreiber (gnobal_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-01 02:17:39

Hi,

I have a simple program which performs the following code:
MPI_Init( &argc, &argv );
MPI_Errhandler_set(MPI_COMM_WORLD, MPI_ERRORS_RETURN);
MPI_Open_port(MPI_INFO_NULL, port_name);
printf("accepting connections on port: %s\n", port_name);
(... then the program MPI_Comm_accept)
I run the program _without_ mpirun, as I intend later to use the dynamic
processes feature of MPI. However, once I run the program, the output I get
is this:
accepting connections on port: 0.0.0:2000

I managed a few times to get a port name that consists of a long string
containing the computer's name, IP address, port and tag but I am unable to
use either strings for clients (I have a client program which simply tries
MPI_Comm_connect to a given port_name parameter).

Additionaly, the following mclient.c/mserver.c sample from this link gives
me the same results:
http://www.hpclab.niu.edu/mpi/g2_body.html

Please help. Thanks,
Amit.