From: Brian Barrett (brbarret_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-30 19:37:48

On Apr 28, 2006, at 6:19 PM, Ogden, Jeffry Brandon wrote:

> How does the orterun launch determine the default number of slots per
> node when running in a Torque job? Is there debug output from orterun
> that will show me this?

The default number of slots will be the number of "cpus" assigned by
Torque, which with every version of Torque I've seen, is the number
of times that host is listed in $PBS_NODEFILE (although we get the
information through a different mechanism).

It appears that we don't have a good way to feed that information
back to the user through a debugging flag or anything like that,
although we probably should add that feature at some point.

Brian

--
   Brian Barrett
   Open MPI developer