From: Jeff Squyres \(jsquyres\) (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-21 00:00:29

So this is *inside* a SLURM job? I.e., in "srun -N 2 -A"? What does
"env | grep SLURM" show?

Note that launching N processes on a single node is the default behavior
for Open MPI if you don't specify a hostfile or no hosts are implicitly
specified by a resource manager (e.g., you're running in a shell that is
not under the control of SLURM).

> I tried again to add a hostfile option "--hostfile
> $HOME/openmpi/bin/hostfile" to
>
> mpirun, with the hostfile containning two items: IA64_node0
> and IA64_node1 ,but
> this time it complained:
> [time returned by IA64_node0]
> bash line 1: orted : command not found

As noted by someone else, you need to have Open MPI installed and
available in your PATH on all nodes. See the FAQ:

http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=running

> cluster. The 4 nodes can "ssh" or "rsh" login in each other
> without password
> prompt.

When using SLURM, rsh/ssh are not used to startup jobs -- SLURM's native
interface is used.

Server Virtualization Business Unit
Cisco Systems