From: semper (semper_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-20 21:50:05

> No, the location of $HOME should not matter.
>
> What happens if you "mpirun -np 2 uptime"? (i.e., use mpirun to launch
> a non-MPI application)

Thanks.
it returns right result! but still only 2 local processes.

I tried again to add a hostfile option "--hostfile $HOME/openmpi/bin/hostfile" to

mpirun, with the hostfile containning two items: IA64_node0 and IA64_node1 ,but
this time it complained:
[time returned by IA64_node0]
bash line 1: orted : command not found

oops! Should I have done a misconfig for openmpi?
btw,openmpi was installed under HOME directory of user semper on each node of the

cluster. The 4 nodes can "ssh" or "rsh" login in each other without password
prompt.