From: Brian Barrett (brbarret_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-16 16:00:25

On Apr 16, 2006, at 11:52 AM, Shekhar Tyagi wrote:

> I am new to MPI and prallel programming, recently i made two
> programs one in C
> and other in C++. The cluster on which i work is able to compile
> and execute
> the C program but its not able to make an executable file for C++
> program.
> The command i am using is mpiCC for C++ program but it looks as
> though, the
> wrapping compiler sends this to an infinte loop as its not able to
> form an
> executable file. My command window looks like this
>
> [styagi_at_borelli Mpi]$ mpiCC -o mathbyvec.out mathbyvec.cc
>
> and nothing happens afterwards. Please help me out in this regard.

I'd be surprised if this was the wrapper compiler, but it can be
pretty easy to choke a C++ compiler and make it take a long time to
compile. An easy way to figure out which is the problem is to use
the command:

   mpiCC -o mathbyvec.out mathbyvec.cc -showme

which will cause the wrapper compiler to show what command it is
going to execute rather than executing it. You can then take that
command and run it. If the underlying compiler takes a long time to
run, you know where the problem lies.

Brian

--
   Brian Barrett