From: Galen M. Shipman (gshipman_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-13 22:12:33

Hi Bernie,

You may specify which BTLs to use at runtime using an mca parameter:

mpirun -np 2 -mca btl self,mvapi ./my_app

This specifies to only use self (loopback) and mvapi.
You may want to also use sm (shared memory) if you have multi-core or
multi-proc.. such as:

mpirun -np 2 -mca btl self,sm,mvapi ./my_app

This is also in the FAQ:

http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=tuning#selecting-components

And for mvapi/openib performance considerations:

http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=infiniband#ib-leave-pinned

Thanks,

Galen