From: David Daniel (ddd_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-11 14:47:28

I suspect that to get this to work for bproc, then we will have to
build mpirun as 64-bit and the library as 32-bit. That's because a
32-bit compiled mpirun calls functions in the 32-bit /usr/lib/
libbroc.so which don't appear to function when the system is booted
64-bit.

Of course that would mean we need heterogeneous support to run on a
single homogeneous system! Will this work on the 1.0 branch?

An alternative worth thinking about is to bypass the library calls
and start processes using a system() call to invoke the bpsh
command. This is a 64-bit executable linked with /usr/lib64/
libbproc.so and which successfully launches both 32- and 64-bit
executables.

I'm currently trying to solve the same issue for LA-MPI :(

David