From: Troy Telford (ttelford_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-10 11:39:36

This isn't a problem for me; it's more of a bugreport.

When running ./configure --help, (on Open MPI 1.0.2) I found the following
source of amusement:

   --enable-smp-locks disable smp locks in atomic ops (default:
enabled)

It occured to me that this may cause a bit of confusion...

Whenever --enable-X is used to DISable something, it's bound to cause some
head scratching.

default:enabled -- does this mean the option which /dis/ables the SMP
locks is the default, or does it mean that SMP locks are enabled by
default.

--
Troy Telford