From: Pak Lui (Pak.Lui_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-04 10:43:04

Prakash,

tm_poll: protocol number dis error 11
ret is 17002 instead of 0: tm_init failed
3 processes killed (possibly by Open MPI)

I encountered similar problem with OpenPBS before, which also uses the
TM interfaces. It returns a TM_ENOTCONNECTED (17002) when I tried to
call tm_init for the second time (which in turns call tm_poll and
returned that errno).

I think what you did to start tm_init from another node and connect to
another mom which I do not think is allowed. The TM module in OpenMPI
already called tm_init once. I am curious to know about the reason that
you need to call tm_init again?

If you are curious to know about the implementation for PBS, you can
download the source from openpbs.org. OpenPBS source:
v2.3.16/src/lib/Libifl/tm.c

--
Thanks,
- Pak Lui