From: Brian Barrett (brbarret_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-04 10:33:04

On Apr 4, 2006, at 7:38 AM, Francoise Roch wrote:

> Jeff Squyres (jsquyres) wrote:
>> Doh!
>>
>> This is a problem that was fixed on the trunk long ago and it
>> somehow never made it over to the v1.0 branch. Brian ported it
>> over earlier today; it'll be in the 1.0.2a13 that should be on the
>> web site in a few hours.
>>

> That's Ok for the reference problem, that was fixed in
> the 1.0.2a13 version. But I still got the hieroglyphs when running
> mpirun, and I still got the same error attempting to force interface
> exclusion, with this new version.

Ok, I figured out the hieroglyphs issue. There was a bug fix on the
trunk that never made it to the v1.0 branch with regards to standard
I/O forwarding on Solaris. I'm hoping that we can get this fix into
1.0.2, but I'm not positive at this point.

As for the btl_tcp_exclude issue, I'm not able to replicate that,
either on our clusters or on your head node (I don't know if I have
an account on the other machines in the cluster or not). I'm
wondering if this is a issue where OMPI is just failing to properly
figure out your routing topology and is doing something silly. Can
you send the output of /sbin/ifconfig -a for the nodes you are trying
to use? Does the code work without the btl_tcp_if_exclude option?

Thanks,

Brian

--
   Brian Barrett