From: Ralph Castain (rhc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-04 05:46:44

Actually, my experience is that the trunk version will not compile under cygwin - specifically, the stacktrace utility seems to fail to compile.

Perhaps that has changed recently, but that was a sticking point for quite some time. You might encounter a problem there.

Ralph

George Bosilca wrote:
On Apr 4, 2006, at 2:50 AM, sundar j wrote:

can i use cygwin to build open mpi ? how good is the fault
tolerance that comes with the open mpi.

You should be able to use the trunk version to compile under cygwin
and/or mingw. Right now, there is no fault tolerance support in Open
MPI. Check again in few months, as we plan to add support for several
fault tolerance models shortly.

   Thanks,
     george.