From: Michael Kluskens (mkluskens_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-27 10:49:22

Edgar,

Thank you. I was using MPI_ROOT in a MPI_Bcast call from the parent
process where I spawn subprocesses and it worked fine in OpenMPI but
when it didn't work on another platform and the support engineers
solution was to define it as zero I started looking and couldn't find
anything close to what you said below in the four books I have. Page
236 of Using MPI-2 shows the correct use of MPI_ROOT but no
explanation of why.

Michael