From: Brian Barrett (brbarret_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-23 21:28:38

On Mar 23, 2006, at 5:32 PM, Michael Kluskens wrote:

> I have Absoft version 8.2a installed on my OS X 10.4.5 system and
> in order to do some testing I was trying to build OpenMPI
> 1.1a1r9364 with it and got the following funny result:
>
> *** Fortran 77 compiler
> checking whether we are using the GNU Fortran 77 compiler... yes
> checking whether f95 accepts -g... yes
> checking if Fortran 77 compiler works... yes
> checking f95 external symbol convention... upper case
> checking if Fortran 77 compiler supports LOGICAL... yes
> checking size of Fortran 77 LOGICAL...
> checking for C type corresponding to LOGICAL... not found
> configure: WARNING: *** Did not find corresponding C type
> configure: error: Cannot continue
>
> Note that f95 is/should be my Absoft compiler but the configure
> script flags it as the GNU Fortran 77 compiler.

The GNU Fortran thing just means that Absoft sets some flags that g77/
gfortran set. No worries there.

I unfortunately can't replicate your issue with our Absoft compilers,
but we're at 9.2, so perhaps something has changed. The test code in
configure appears to have run correctly (according to your
config.log), but it doesn't look like it can read anything from the
file that is supposed to contain the sizeof result for the test.

Could you try to build and run the attached test code (should just
have to untar, run make, and run ./fsize) and let me know what the
result is? If all works properly, you should see something like:

     [21:23] brbarret_at_frood:ttyp3 ~/f77test% ./fsize
     size is 4

Thanks,

Brian

--