From: Michael Kluskens (mkluskens_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-20 11:49:38

Building Open MPI 1.1a1r9xxx on a PowerMac G4 running OS X 10.4.5 using
1) Apple gnu compilers from Xcode 2.2.1
2) fink-installed g95

setenv F77 g95 ; setenv FC g95 ; ./configure ; make all ; sudo make
install

r9212 (built ~week ago) worked but I has having some issues and
wished to try a newer 1.1

r9275 (built Thursday) and r9336 (built today) do not work, meaning
they appear to compile just fine, but:

mpif90 mpitest.f90 -o mpitest

does nothing, just returns. No obvious errors in config.log.

1.0.2a10 (built today) does not have this problem.

I use "sudo make uninstall" to remove the previous installation
before installing a new version.

Michael

ps. I've had to use 1.1 because of bugs in the 1.0.x series that will
not be fixed.