From: Davide Bergamasco (bergamasco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-15 15:41:29

Hello,

I'm trying to run OpenMPI on top of OpenIB but I'm running into a
weird memory allocation issue. I already tried all the suggestions
listed in the FAQs (i.e., increase the locked mem limit, etc.) but I'm
still having trouble. After the initialization a get an infinite
string of messages like this:

[gridnode:27003] mca_mpool_openib_register: error registering openib
memory of size 2109440 errno says Cannot allocate memory

It seems like OpenMPI has entered an infinite loop.

Any help from the kind folks on this list will be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

Davide