From: Yusuf Sun (yusuf.sun_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-12 10:17:20

Hi,

I recently installed Open MPI. And I can get my program compiled and run.
There is a small problem:
Previously, when using LAM, I use the following command line to submit my
jobs:
nohup mpirun n1-4 ~/bin/mympi.LAM > output.txt &

But, with Open MPI, I can only run the program at foreground by
mpirun -np 4 --hostfile myhosts ~/bin/mympi.OMPI
If adding "nohup" and "> output.txt &", the submitted job will stop
immediately.
However, when I check on the slave nodes, I can still see the job and the
orted
by "ps -u". I have to manually kill them.

Any suggestion?

Thanks