Open MPI logo

Open MPI User's Mailing List Archives

  |   Home   |   Support   |   FAQ   |   all Open MPI User's mailing list

From: Brian Barrett (brbarret_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-10 09:07:45


On Mar 10, 2006, at 8:35 AM, Brian Barrett wrote:

> On Mar 9, 2006, at 11:37 PM, Tom Rosmond wrote:
>
>> Attached are output files from a build with the adjustments you
>> suggested.
>>
>> setenv FC pgf90
>> setenv F77 pgf90
>> setenv CCPFLAGS -I/usr/include/gm
>>
>> ./configure --prefix=/users/rosmond/ompi --with-gm
>>
>> The results are the same.
>
> Yes, I figured the failure would still be there. Sorry to make you
> do the extra work, but I needed a build without the extra issues so
> that I could try to get a clearer picture of what is going on.
> Unfortunately, it looks like libtool (the GNU project to build
> portable libraries) is doing something I didn't expect and causing
> issues. I'm passing this on to a friend of Open MPI who works on
> the Libtool project and is extremely good at figuring these issues
> out. I'll relay back what he recommends, but it might not be until
> Monday.

The Libtool expert was wondering if you could send the contents of
the files /usr/lib/libgm.la and /usr/lib64/libgm.la. They should
both be (fairly short) text files.

Also, as a possible work-around, he suggests compiling from the top
level like normal (just "make" or "make all") until the failure,
changing directories into ompi/mca/btl/gm (where the failure
occurred) and running "make LDFLAGS=-L/usr/lib64", then changing
directories back to the top level of the Open MPI source code and
running make (without the extra LDFLAGS option) again. Let me know
if that works.

Thanks,

Brian

-- 
   Brian Barrett
   Open MPI developer
   http://www.open-mpi.org/