From: Jeff Squyres (jsquyres_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-03-10 06:01:46

On Mar 9, 2006, at 12:18 PM, Pierre Valiron wrote:

> - However compiling the mpi.f90 takes over 35 *minutes* with -O1.
> This seems a bit excessive... I tried removing any -O option and
> things are just as slow. Is this behaviour related to open-mpi or
> to some wrong features of the Studio11 compiler ?

You're not the first person to ask about this, so I've added the
reasons why to the FAQ:

http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=building#f90-bindings-slow-compile
http://www.open-mpi.org/faq/?category=mpi-apps#f90-mpi-slow-compiles

Brian is already working with you on the rest of the issues; I just
thought I'd pipe in with the F90 stuff since I was one of the guys
who did the F90 work in Open MPI.

--
{+} Jeff Squyres
{+} The Open MPI Project